Tips on how to care for Demodex Prone Rosacea Sensitive Skin In Winter.
It is a common fact that excessive sun exposure can be damaging to your skin. However, cold weather can take its toll on your skin too, especially if you have sensitive or dry skin. With lower temperatures outside, increased windiness and the fact that you are turning up the thermostat in your home can all make your skin chapped, flaky, blotchy, dry and itchy.
During the summer, we are more prone to take care of our skin because of the constant need for topical relief measures such as sunscreen and insect repellent. However, the winter is the season when our skin actually needs the most care. To help your skin to survive the brutality of the season, keep in mind the following simple winter skin care tips:
1. Continue to use a sunscreen with SPF 15 or better. Although you may not feel it as much, the sun can be just as powerful when reflecting off the snow or while taking a long walk outdoors as it is on a summer day at the beach. A convenient suggestion is to use a moisturizer or foundation with a built-in sunscreen everyday.
2. Use a mild cleanser as opposed to soap, which can strip your skin of the essential oils it needs.
3. Though you may not be as thirsty as during the summer, continue to drink lots of water to provide the necessary hydration to your skin.
4. Avoid products with high alcohol content, heavy perfumes or other additives that can irritate your sensitive, dry skin.
5. During the cold weather, you might want to try using a thicker, richer moisturizer, two to three times per day, to help your skin to adequately replenish the moisture it loses.
6. Gently exfoliate your skin to remove the dead surface skin cells than can form due to excessive dryness.
7. Remember your lips are also part of the skin on your face so use a soothing lip balm or moisturizing lipstick, preferably with a sunscreen.
8. Try to keep an anti-itch cream on hand to apply to excessively dry patches that occur despite taking the above suggestions, so that you can moisturize these tender areas to avoid scratching and prevent infection.
By taking a few common sense winter skin care precautions, you can be as happy and beautiful in the winter as you are during the summer.